all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* How to recompile single file or rerun single compilation command in compilation mode ?
@ 2012-03-06 19:54 Nash Steve
From: Nash Steve @ 2012-03-06 19:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hi All,

Does compilation-mode have a command to re-run single compile command, just
like recompile ?

* Re: How to recompile single file or rerun single compilation command in compilation mode ?
@ 2012-03-06 23:10 ` Peter Dyballa
From: Peter Dyballa @ 2012-03-06 23:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nash Steve; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Am 6.3.2012 um 20:54 schrieb Nash Steve:

> Does compilation-mode have a command to re-run single compile command, just
> like recompile ?

You mean: "g"?

--
Greetings

  Pete

They're putting dimes in the hole in my head to see the change in me.

* Re: How to recompile single file or rerun single compilation command in compilation mode ?
@ 2012-03-07 15:44   ` Nash Steve
From: Nash Steve @ 2012-03-07 15:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Peter Dyballa; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

No, I does not mean "g" (recompile).
I want a command similar to "g" (recompile), but with finer control.

"g"(recompile) will re-run M-x compile with recent history. I want to run a
line in compilation-mode buffer as a compile command.
e.g. after M-x compile RET make, I just want to pick a line of make output
as a command to run.

@ 2012-03-07 18:21     ` Peter Dyballa
From: Peter Dyballa @ 2012-03-07 18:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nash Steve; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Am 7.3.2012 um 16:44 schrieb Nash Steve:

> e.g. after M-x compile RET make, I just want to pick a line of make output
> as a command to run.

Change directory in *shell* buffer and execute that line! So you'll have the *compilation* buffer with all errors and warnings and another compilation...

The other option is to erase the (default) compile command and substitute it with your line. Then the current working directory of the *compilation* buffer's process has to be that from which the file to be compiled can be reached.

--
Greetings

  Pete

Globalisation – communism from above.

* Re: How to recompile single file or rerun single compilation command in compilation mode ?
@ 2012-03-08  8:01     ` Thien-Thi Nguyen
From: Thien-Thi Nguyen @ 2012-03-08  8:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nash Steve; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

() Nash Steve <nash11228@gmail.com>
() Wed, 7 Mar 2012 10:44:40 -0500

   I want to run a line in compilation-mode buffer as a compile
   command.  e.g. after M-x compile RET make, I just want to pick
   a line of make output as a command to run.

Maybe something like this (only lightly tested)?

(require 'thingatpt)

(defun compilation-compile-with-current-line (dir)
  "Extract the current line as a command and execute it in DIR."
  (interactive "DExecute command in directory: ")
  (let ((command (substring-no-properties (thing-at-point 'line) 0 -1)))
    ;; Do it this way instead of using "cd DIR; COMMAND"
    ;; to avoid outrageous prefixing on repeated invocations.
    (let ((default-directory dir))
      (compile (format "%s" command)))))

(define-key compilation-mode-map "\C-c\C-a" ; "a" for "again"

@ 2012-03-08  8:40       ` Thien-Thi Nguyen
From: Thien-Thi Nguyen @ 2012-03-08  8:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nash Steve; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

The previous code fails if COMMAND starts with a relative directory.
This version is more robust in that regard:

(defun compilation-compile-with-current-line (dir)
  "Extract the current line as a command and execute it in DIR."
  (interactive "DExecute command in directory: ")
  (let ((command (substring-no-properties (thing-at-point 'line) 0 -1)))
    ;; Do it this way instead of using "cd DIR; COMMAND"
    ;; to avoid outrageous prefixing on repeated invocations.
    (let ((default-directory (file-name-as-directory dir)))
      (compile command))))

* Re: How to recompile single file or rerun single compilation command in compilation mode ?
@ 2012-03-08 18:21         ` Nash Steve
From: Nash Steve @ 2012-03-08 18:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thien-Thi Nguyen; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs