I used to work with rms at MIT. really stuck with this problem, mit tech support couldn't figure it out rms suggested I email this list. I am using GNU Emacs 25.2.2 (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.22.21) of 2017-09-22, modified by Debian on athena at MIT. I was locked out of my account and my password was reset on Monday. Now, I can no longer send emails from emacs, I get this error: Sending failed: 535 5.7.0 authentication failed in response to aGR0MjAxMkRERA== Tried editing and deleting .emacs file but that didn't work. any suggetions would be appreciated. hdt@mit.edu 781 642 0368