Thanks, that's an interesting idea - and actually I did something similar, by just adding the little ID line aspell wants at the top of my old ispell list. This is a good temporary fix, but then the lists will start to diverge - I guess I'd like one list synced across all my computers. Which - I guess - means either telling them all to use aspell (or ispell), or telling both aspell and ispell to use one list. On Wed, May 2, 2012 at 5:23 PM, Peter Dyballa wrote: > > Am 02.05.2012 um 23:04 schrieb Steve Petersen: > > > I traced this to its using aspell instead of ispell when I invoke > > "ispell-buffer", and referring to ".aspell.en.pws" instead of my ispell > > personal dictionary. Is there a good way to tell it to use my ispell list > > instead? > > I don't think so... It's quite easy to let aspell spell-check your > personal ispell word list so that it can learn from it the words unknown to > aspell. > > -- > Greetings > > Pete > > From error to error, one discovers the entire truth. > - Sigmund Freud > > -- http://stevepetersen.net