all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Finding a file by name that has been indexed in etags
@ 2013-06-18 13:42 C K Kashyap
From: C K Kashyap @ 2013-06-18 13:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org

Hi,
In vim, I can quickly jump to a file by typing its partial name and it
lists all the files that match that pattern and are in the tags file.
I could not find an equivalent in emacs.
Regards,
Kashyap

* Re: Finding a file by name that has been indexed in etags
       [not found] <mailman.1914.1371563939.22516.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2013-06-25 15:00 ` Alan
From: Alan @ 2013-06-25 15:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

On Tuesday, June 18, 2013 8:42:18 AM UTC-5, C K Kashyap wrote:
> Hi,
>
> In vim, I can quickly jump to a file by typing its partial name and it
>
> lists all the files that match that pattern and are in the tags file.
>
> I could not find an equivalent in emacs.
>
> Regards,
>
> Kashyap

tags-apropos might be something that would interest you