Hey Amit ... I think you already know about C-x 2 / C-x 3 ... once you have the window split, you can use C-x C-f to open a new file in the buffer, then you'll have two different files open. Also, you can use C-x o to go around. HTH, Kashyap On Wed, Aug 10, 2011 at 12:21 PM, amit mehta wrote: > Is there a way to split the windows to show two different frames, one > above the other ? > I know that, it is possible to split the windows horizontally and or > vertically, but > both the windows start showing up the same buffer/frame(are they > really same !). > but I'm looking for an option to enable two different frames one above > the other in the same > window and an easy method to switch between the two frames in the same > window. > > -amit > >