all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* .el files dont seem to highlight the syntax on aquamacs
@ 2011-09-16  7:02 C K Kashyap
From: C K Kashyap @ 2011-09-16  7:02 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

When I do a C-x C-f and open a C file, it automatically does syntax
highlighting of the C source. However, when I do the same on a .el file, its
plain old black and white. What do I need to do to get back the syntax
highlighting?
Regards,
Kashyap

* Re: .el files dont seem to highlight the syntax on aquamacs
@ 2011-09-16  7:05 ` C K Kashyap
From: C K Kashyap @ 2011-09-16  7:05 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

My bad again ... sorry ... it works.

@ 2011-09-16  8:29 ` Jambunathan K
From: Jambunathan K @ 2011-09-16  8:29 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: C K Kashyap; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

C K Kashyap <ckkashyap@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi,
> When I do a C-x C-f and open a C file, it automatically does syntax
> highlighting of the C source. However, when I do the same on a .el
> file, its plain old black and white. What do I need to do to get back
> the syntax highlighting?

Magic happens with

C-h v auto-mode-alist RET

Search for c-mode and emacs-lisp-mode in the value of that variable.