all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Any luck with the intermittent 10 second hangs on windows
@ 2013-02-24 11:40 C K Kashyap
From: C K Kashyap @ 2013-02-24 11:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hi folks,
Some googling led me to (setq w32-get-true-file-attributes nil) but that
has an adverse effect on the file opening time. Is there a better
resolution?

I noticed that on a newly imaged win7 I did not have this problem until I
had to force reboot the OS once when emacs was still running (that;'s
another long story...some other time maybe).

After the reboot, the hangs started occurring. I was wondering if a cleanup
would help .... Are there any other files/directories than
/Users/username/AppData/Roaming/{,emacs,.emacs.d}  that need to be removed?

Regards,
Kashyap

* Re: Any luck with the intermittent 10 second hangs on windows
@ 2013-02-25  8:24 ` C K Kashyap
From: C K Kashyap @ 2013-02-25  8:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

I think the solution given here seems to work -

http://www.hydrus.org.uk/journal/emacs-netlogon.html

net stop netlogon

Regards,
Kashyap

@ 2013-02-25 15:43 ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2013-02-25 15:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

> Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2013 17:10:29 +0530
> From: C K Kashyap <ckkashyap@gmail.com>
>
> Some googling led me to (setq w32-get-true-file-attributes nil) but that
> has an adverse effect on the file opening time. Is there a better
> resolution?

Which version of Emacs is that?  I think these problems should be
fixed in latest pretests of Emacs 24.3, so perhaps try that.

* Re: Any luck with the intermittent 10 second hangs on windows
@ 2013-02-26  4:58   ` C K Kashyap
From: C K Kashyap @ 2013-02-26  4:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eli Zaretskii; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

I have 24.2 ... I cant seem to find 24.3 though.

Regards,
Kashyap

@ 2013-02-26 10:14     ` Óscar Fuentes
From: Óscar Fuentes @ 2013-02-26 10:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs; +Cc: C K Kashyap

C K Kashyap <ckkashyap@gmail.com> writes:

> I have 24.2 ... I cant seem to find 24.3 though.

You can get one from

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7jr3vbv9tm1zod0/jPuvfrJAe8