all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Emacs equivalent of vi's ":v"
@ 2011-07-28  2:55 C K Kashyap
From: C K Kashyap @ 2011-07-28  2:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

I asked about :g a couple of days ago and I can easily do it in emacs now.
I now would like to do :g stuff. In Vi, :v is the opposite of :g; as in
action is performed on lines that do not match the regex.
Regards,
Kashyap

* Re: Emacs equivalent of vi's ":v"
@ 2011-07-28  3:50 ` Le Wang
From: Le Wang @ 2011-07-28  3:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: C K Kashyap; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

keep-lines

--
Le

* Re: Emacs equivalent of vi's ":v"
@ 2011-07-28  4:01   ` Le Wang
From: Le Wang @ 2011-07-28  4:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: C K Kashyap; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

On Thu, Jul 28, 2011 at 11:50 AM, Le Wang <l26wang@gmail.com> wrote:
> keep-lines

Look for "all.el" -- show all lines matching regexp in new buffer, any
edits made in the new buffer gets changed at the source.  nifty!

--
Le

* Re: Emacs equivalent of vi's ":v"
@ 2011-07-28  4:30     ` C K Kashyap
From: C K Kashyap @ 2011-07-28  4:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Le Wang; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

> Look for "all.el" -- show all lines matching regexp in new buffer, any
> edits made in the new buffer gets changed at the source.  nifty!
>

> --
> Le

thanks Le, sounds nifty indeed. How do I look for all.el? I use aquamacs and
the only way that I know of is the good old 'find'. I am sure, there should
be a way to do it more efficiently sitting inside emacs.

Regards,
Kashyap

* Re: Emacs equivalent of vi's ":v"
@ 2011-07-28  5:15       ` Le Wang
From: Le Wang @ 2011-07-28  5:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: C K Kashyap; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

On Thu, Jul 28, 2011 at 12:30 PM, C K Kashyap <ckkashyap@gmail.com> wrote:
> How do I look for all.el? I use aquamacs and
> the only way that I know of is the good old 'find'. I am sure, there should
> be a way to do it more efficiently sitting inside emacs.

google for it.  there is a link in the wiki.

--
Le

* Re: Emacs equivalent of vi's ":v"
@ 2011-07-28  6:08   ` Teemu Likonen
From: Teemu Likonen @ 2011-07-28  6:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Le Wang; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

* 2011-07-28T11:50:43+08:00 * Le Wang wrote:

> keep-lines

Vim's :g and :v are not just for deleting or keeping lines. They perform
any action for matching lines.

* Re: Emacs equivalent of vi's ":v"
@ 2011-08-05  8:01   ` Oleksandr Gavenko
From: Oleksandr Gavenko @ 2011-08-05  8:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

28.07.2011 6:50, Le Wang пишет:
> keep-lines

Great! I start actively use 'flush-lines'. But for
'keep-lines' use M-x occur (M-s o), copy *Occur* content to new
buffer and then delete prefix rectangle.