all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* eshell path setting on windows does not seem to work
@ 2013-03-21  9:39 C K Kashyap
From: C K Kashyap @ 2013-03-21  9:39 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Even after setting the path using setenv, I cant seem to run cl.exe or
other exe's in the "path"

As can be seen below, when I run "which nmake" it says, no nmake but if I
do ls $PATH/nmake.exe, it lists correctly

c:/Users/kck $ which nmake.exe
which: no nmake.exe in (c:\\Program Files (x86)\\Microsoft Visual Studio
10.0\\VC\\bin)
c:/Users/kck $ ls $PATH/nmake.exe
c:/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0/VC/bin/nmake.exe
c:/Users/kck $

Regards,
Kashyap

* Re: eshell path setting on windows does not seem to work
@ 2013-03-21 17:29 ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2013-03-21 17:29 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

> Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2013 15:09:59 +0530
> From: C K Kashyap <ckkashyap@gmail.com>
>
> Even after setting the path using setenv, I cant seem to run cl.exe or
> other exe's in the "path"

Does this happen only with cl.exe and others in the same directory, or
does this happen with every executable you have on PATH?

And what is the value of PATH, by the way?

Anyway, I cannot reproduce this on my XP box: 'which' finds every
program I tried to throw on it, including some under "C:/Program Files".

Does this happen in "emacs -Q"?  And which Emacs version is that?