Whenever I open a buffer-menu with C-x C-b then switch to a buffer I get a periodic recentering of the point in all the buffers I visit. I tracked the bug to find a work around and ended up redefining `tabulated-list-revert` function like this: (defun tabulated-list-revert (&rest ignored) "The `revert-buffer-function' for `tabulated-list-mode'. It runs `tabulated-list-revert-hook', then calls `tabulated-list-print'." (interactive) (unless (derived-mode-p 'tabulated-list-mode) (error "The current buffer is not in Tabulated List mode")) (run-hooks 'tabulated-list-revert-hook) ;; hack is here ;; (tabulated-list-print t) (tabulated-list-print)) syl20bnr