Is it the case that the modes that do run prog-mode-hook are exactly the modes derived from prog-mode? On Sun, Nov 6, 2016 at 6:19 PM, Drew Adams wrote: > > In the Emacs manual, page "Major Modes" appears the following: > > > > all programming language modes run `prog-mode-hook', prior to > > running their own mode hooks. > > > > I suggest amending this sentence to something like: > > > > many programming language modes (including all these distributed > > with Emacs) run `prog-mode-hook', prior to runnuing their own > > mode hooks. > > +1. > > But: these -> those, > runnuing -> running, > and we can drop the comma before "prior". > > And I'm not sure why we need to or should say "(including...)". Why? > > I'd suggest just this: > > many programming language modes run `prog-mode-hook' before > running their own mode hooks > > Or even "some" instead of "many". What does it matter how > many do this? > > > > >