all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Requirements to merge "guilemacs" into trunk
@ 2013-04-30 14:18 Josh Tilles
From: Josh Tilles @ 2013-04-30 14:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

The "wip-guile" branch of Emacs —available at
http://git.hcoop.net/?p=bpt/emacs.git;a=summary— has been rebased onto the
latest state of the trunk (as of last week, 23 April 2013). And according
to the Guile Emacs ToDo page <http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/GuileEmacsTodo>,
it is mostly indistinguishable from a normal Emacs build.

What would you need to see in order to be convinced that "wip-guile" is
mature enough to be incorporated into the trunk? Which concerns have yet to
be addressed?

--Josh

* Re: Requirements to merge "guilemacs" into trunk
@ 2013-05-05  4:50 ` Stefan Monnier
From: Stefan Monnier @ 2013-05-05  4:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Josh Tilles; +Cc: emacs-devel

> What would you need to see in order to be convinced that "wip-guile" is
> mature enough to be incorporated into the trunk? Which concerns have yet to
> be addressed?

I don't know.  Because I don't really know what is "guilemacs" and what
"incorporate it" means.  I mean, I have some idea about what guilemacs
attempts to do, but for example I don't know to what extent we could
incorporate it without switching to it.

* Re: Requirements to merge "guilemacs" into trunk
@ 2013-05-05 23:10   ` Noah Lavine
From: Noah Lavine @ 2013-05-05 23:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stefan Monnier; +Cc: Josh Tilles, Emacs development discussions