all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Emacs cann't display line numbers correctly for files with long lines in it.
@ 2015-09-16 12:41 Hongyi Zhao
From: Hongyi Zhao @ 2015-09-16 12:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hi all,

I use the latest stable release of GNU Emacs 24.5.1, and I find that
it cann't display line numbers correctly for files with long lines in
it.

Say, for the following file:

https://github.com/jedisct1/dnscrypt-proxy/blob/master/dnscrypt-resolvers.csv

I first use git to clone the above source code:

git clone https://github.com/jedisct1/dnscrypt-proxy.git

Then I use emacs to open the obtained file dnscrypt-resolvers.csv, and
find that the line numbers are displayed as `??'.

Could you please give me some hints on solving this issue?

Regards
--
Hongyi Zhao <hongyi.zhao@gmail.com>
Xinjiang Technical Institute of Physics and Chemistry

* Re: Emacs cann't display line numbers correctly for files with long lines in it.
       [not found] <mailman.1261.1442410529.19560.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2015-09-16 14:33 ` Dan Espen
From: Dan Espen @ 2015-09-16 14:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs