On Sun, May 8, 2022 at 8:49 AM Michael Heerdegen wrote: > > Hongyi Zhao writes: > > > > I've already enabled both modes, but the problem remains, as shown in > > the attached file. > > You mean that the major mode is `so-long-mode' (not visible in your > screenshot)? With that, the behavior is acceptable in emacs -Q for me. > With the minor-mode, it's not. I mean, both of the following methods will freeze Emacs, as shown in the attached files: $ emacs -Q /home/werner/Public/repo/github.com/feisele/vscode-gap-language-support.git/src/symbols.ts `M-x global-so-long-mode RET` $ emacs -Q /home/werner/Public/repo/github.com/feisele/vscode-gap-language-support.git/src/symbols.ts `M-x so-long-minor-mode RET` > Michael. HZ