On Ubuntu 20.04, I use the latest self compiled git master version as shown below: $ git log -1 commit 5d8608ea744727b9a74874cfe8aca4656a4a9fea (HEAD -> master, origin/master, origin/HEAD) Author: Hongyi Zhao Date: Sat Jun 19 12:02:51 2021 +0800 new file: .emacs.d/init.company-wordfreq.el new file: .emacs.d/init.lsp-latex new file: .emacs.d/init.straight.el I noticed the following strange problem: First start Emacs like this: $ /usr/local/bin/emacs -Q Then run `M-x list-input-methods` and scroll down the screen in input method panel using the mouse or arrow key will cause Emacs unresponsive for about 1 minute. See the attached file for the screenshot that was captured when this problem occurred. Regards -- Assoc. Prof. Hongyi Zhao Theory and Simulation of Materials Hebei Vocational University of Technology and Engineering NO. 552 North Gangtie Road, Xingtai, China