On Thu, Jun 30, 2022 at 12:07 AM Eli Zaretskii wrote: > > > From: Hongyi Zhao > > Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2022 22:30:47 +0800 > > Cc: help-gnu-emacs > > > > OK. Let me take a concrete result as an example. If I search > > `|isgroup|', then VSCode will give the only result immediately as > > shown in the attached file. Now, how can I achieve this in Emacs? > > Maybe you can't, it depends on how deep into the file that match is > and how fast is your system (if it's very fast, try enlarging the > value of max-redisplay-ticks). I tried with the following value, and Emacs really does the trick, as shown in the attached file: (setq max-redisplay-ticks 100000000) However, in this case, the delay between input and display in minibuffer is very large. > But you are asking questions that are not relevant to what this > feature does. This feature prevents Emacs from freezing when you > visit such files. That is all it does. As I tried explaining several > times already. > Best, Honsghen