In Emacs, I run the python script [1] using `C-c C-c' provided with the elpy package. A standalone window will be opened to show the generated figure, as shown in the attached screenshot file. But I want to know whether I can let Emacs render the figure in its own frame. [1] https://github.com/hongyi-zhao/QEbandplot/blob/master/bandplot.py Any hints will be greatly appreciated. Regards -- Assoc. Prof. Hongyi Zhao Theory and Simulation of Materials Hebei Vocational University of Technology and Engineering No. 473, Quannan West Street, Xindu District, Xingtai, Hebei province