all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* ChatGPT error (nil): Malformed JSON in response.
@ 2023-05-20  1:18 Hongyi Zhao
From: Hongyi Zhao @ 2023-05-20  1:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hi here,

On Ubuntu 22.10, I updated my Emacs to its latest git master version,
but found that gptel doesn't work for this version, as shown in the
attached screenshot.

Is this a bug of this package or Emacs itself?

See https://github.com/karthink/gptel/issues/60 for the related discussion.

Regards,
Zhao
--
Assoc. Prof. Hongsheng Zhao <hongyi.zhao@gmail.com>
Theory and Simulation of Materials

[-- Attachment #2: image.png --]
[-- Type: image/png, Size: 97573 bytes --]

* Re: ChatGPT error (nil): Malformed JSON in response.
@ 2023-05-20 13:54 ` Hongyi Zhao
From: Hongyi Zhao @ 2023-05-20 13:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

On Sat, May 20, 2023 at 9:18 AM Hongyi Zhao <hongyi.zhao@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi here,
>
> On Ubuntu 22.10, I updated my Emacs to its latest git master version,
> but found that gptel doesn't work for this version, as shown in the
> attached screenshot.
>
> Is this a bug of this package or Emacs itself?

I see the reason. In fact, it's caused by proxychains-ng, as described
here [1]. The simplest method would be commented out the culprit code
line and re-compile proxychains-ng as commented here [2], but I wonder
whether there is a more graceful solution from the Emacs side.

[1] https://github.com/karthink/gptel/issues/60#issuecomment-1555443386
[2] https://github.com/rofl0r/proxychains-ng/issues/511#issuecomment-1555726372