On Fri, Jul 23, 2021 at 9:07 AM Emanuel Berg via Users list for the GNU Emacs text editor wrote: > > Hongyi Zhao wrote: > > >>> I found that too many words are not included in the > >>> pre-established aspell-en dictionary, say this one: > >>> destigmatize > >> > >> $ sudo apt-get --install-suggests install iamerican-insane > > > > I installed the above dictionary, but still can't see the > > completion hints for the word "destigmatize" in the > > candidate list. See the attachment for more details. > > Yeah, but when it comes, and is correct after you carefully > examine and double-check the word, hit I so it will be in your > local list forever after. That's how it works, you'll still > have to do that for a lot of words in the beginning. But add, > add and add and soon enough that will almost never happen. I've posted a similar issue [1]. Here I give my some further tries and testings as described below. I've created a [personal dictionary](http://aspell.net/man-html/Format-of-the-Personal-and-Replacement-Dictionaries.html) which has the following contents: ``` $ cat ~/.aspell.en.pws personal_ws-1.1 en 2 Telegram destigmatize ``` This time, the expected word really appread in the correct ispell's popup dropdown menu, as shown in the attachment. But I still can't understand the following question: since I've added the correct rarely used word to the personal dictionary, why we still need the installation of the big/huge/insane dictionaries, such as iamerican-insane? > >> Some interesting stuff for you, perhaps: > >> https://dataswamp.org/~incal/emacs-init/spell.el > > > > I've browsed through this configuration, but found nothing > > related to iamerican-Insane dictionary. > > No comments... [1]. https://github.com/GNUAspell/aspell/issues/615 Best regards -- Assoc. Prof. Hongyi Zhao Theory and Simulation of Materials Hebei Vocational University of Technology and Engineering No. 473, Quannan West Street, Xindu District, Xingtai, Hebei province