On Ubuntu 20.04.3 LTS, I'm using the self compiled Emacs git master version. I find there is a very long completion delay time in LISP interaction mode. For example, when I type `(map)' in scratch buffer, there will have 5070 candidates as shown in the attached file, and the completion delay is about 2-5 seconds. Any hints to improve this phenomenon? Regards -- Assoc. Prof. Hongyi Zhao Theory and Simulation of Materials Hebei Vocational University of Technology and Engineering No. 473, Quannan West Street, Xindu District, Xingtai, Hebei province