On Thu, Jul 29, 2021 at 10:26 PM Drew Adams wrote: > > > > In addition to what I just asked, try adding the > > > following to the top of your ~/.emacs.d/init.el: > > > (setq force-load-messages t) > > > > > Then look in *Messages* for > > > Loading 'cl'... > > > > I can't find the above line in *Messages*... > > You can also try `C-h v load-history'. > > Or type `load-history' in *scratch* (without the > quotes), put your cursor after that text, and use > `M-x pp-eval-last-sexp'. > > Each of those shows you your complete history of > loading Elisp files. > > Search the *Help* buffer (for `C-h v') or search > the *Pp Eval Output* buffer (for `pp-...') for > loading of cl.el[c]. Just before that you'll see > other loads - those can give you a hint of what > caused cl.el[c] to be loaded. Thank you very much for letting me know so many wonderful tricks. I tried with swiper to search the *Pp Eval Output* buffer, but nothing matched, as shown in the attachment. Did I do something wrong? Regards -- Assoc. Prof. Hongyi Zhao Theory and Simulation of Materials Hebei Vocational University of Technology and Engineering No. 473, Quannan West Street, Xindu District, Xingtai, Hebei province