On Mon, Dec 14, 2020 at 10:41 PM Lars Ingebrigtsen wrote: > > Pankaj Jangid writes: > > >> On Ubuntu 20.10, I compiled and installed the git master version of > >> emacs. When I try to browse the web with eww, I find that all Chinese > >> characters will show as garbled. > >> > >> Any hints for fixing/solving this problem? > > > > You need ‘set-fontset-font’ to tell Emacs what font to use for the > > (language) script. Example, > > > > (set-fontset-font t 'devanagari "Noto") > > > > This sets Noto font for Devanagari script in the default fontset. ‘t’ is > > for default fontset. > > Emacs should display Chinese characters just fine on its own without any > configuration needed. > > But it's hard to tell what the problem is since "garbled" doesn't really > tell us much. Garbled how? See the attached file for more information. Regards -- Assoc. Prof. Hongyi Zhao Theory and Simulation of Materials Hebei Polytechnic Vocational and Technical University NO. 552 North Gangtie Road, Xingtai, China