On Sun, Aug 1, 2021 at 12:23 PM Michael Heerdegen wrote: > > Hongyi Zhao writes: > > > > Start Emacs with `emacs -Q' (no init file), and I think > > > `C-h k C-M-s' will tell you: > > > > > > C-M-s runs the command isearch-forward-regexp > > > > No, noting returned. I'm using self-compiled git master version of > > Emacs on Ubuntu 20.04. > > I'm using the same on Debian and it works. > > What response do you get? Or maybe you just hit a wrong key? Or has > Drew maybe posted the wrong keys?...no, that looks ok. > > The key could be occupied by the terminal or the window manager if Emacs > doesn't respond at all. Yeah, you're right. That key binding has already been occupied by gpaste, as shown in the attachment. If I remove it from gpaste, everything works the way it should in Emacs. Regards -- Assoc. Prof. Hongyi Zhao Theory and Simulation of Materials Hebei Vocational University of Technology and Engineering No. 473, Quannan West Street, Xindu District, Xingtai, Hebei province