hi Michael, very old indeed! I think we can close it. For me, I haven't heard of ftp in tech sphere for many years. I haven't used any ftp for perhaps 5 years. (maybe except downloading gnu emacs from fsf via browser) Thank you for writing. Best. Xah On Wed, Aug 24, 2016 at 9:27 AM, Michael Albinus wrote: > xah lee writes: > > Hi Xah, > > > Summary: ange-ftp mode does not support the extended passive mode > > (epsv) mode. > > [...] > > > However, i need to use it inside emacs to be able to dev on the site. > > i don't see any customizable var about epsv in > > ange-ftp's customize panel. > > > > (yes i know about sftp, ssh... Not a option here. ange-ftp has passive > > mode, but that doesn't work for me in this case) > > This is a very old bug report. Nobody has taken the ball; in fact there > is no active maintainer who will work on new ange-ftp features. > > Do you still need extended passive mode in ange-ftp? And in case of, how > could we continue? The only idea I have in mind would be a contribution > from you. Nobody else has requested this. > > > Xah > > Best regards, Michael. >