---------- Forwarded message --------- From: Daan Ro Date: Sun, Nov 13, 2022 at 12:01 PM Subject: Re: bug#58505: 29.0.50; Time out waiting for reply from selection owner To: Eli Zaretskii Then how about we do that by default, since batch sessions are untouchable in the user-space. If a non-interactive instance really needs to access the clipboard (which normally doesn't), it can easily set `interprogram-paste-function`. Disabling prevents those sessions from influencing the primary interactive one (doesn't solve the problem for multiple interactive instances, though). I am experimenting with this patch. On Sun, Nov 13, 2022 at 1:13 AM Eli Zaretskii wrote: > > Are there any downsizes to disabling in `noninteractive` sessions only > (if I have > > control there)? > > If you don't care about copy/paste to or from other applications, > none. > Update: That patch will simply disable interprogram-paste-function universally, I need to find a more sophisticated approach. -- Daanturo.