Hi Michael, [...] > With this simple body, it might even not needed as function. We would > have then (untested) > > (let ((default-directory dir) > (remote-id (file-remote-p dir) > > ... > > (mapcar (lambda (file) (concat remote-id file)) > (split-string (shell-command-to-string command) "\0" t)) > > WDYT? Do you want to prepare a patch along these lines? Originally, I wanted to avoid this approach, because mapcar iterates over the result even if remote-id is nil, but I guess the overhead is negligible. I've attached the simplified patch. Thanks, Felicián