On Mon, Aug 27, 2018, 17:52 Stefan Monnier wrote: > > >> Any help with this sysadmin side of things would be very welcome. > > Unfortunately, I also haven't enough experience with containers in order > > to be able to help you. There is the Emacs Docker project > > . Maybe the author, Philippe > > Vaucher, could help (I've added him in Cc). > > Note that we don't need to run Emacs: we need to run makeinfo (and > potentially many other tools). I tried to make an LXC container that > simply re-uses the host's filesystem (so it ends up barely more costly > than a chroot while providing a complete Debian system) and managed to > get it running on my own machine, but not on elpa.gnu.org. Hello! I'd love to help but I don't understand what the issue is. For information Emacs does not build in docker out of the box because it needs to disable ASLR (see https://github.com/moby/moby/issues/22801). Tell me what you need or what precise problem you are encountering and maybe I can clarify what needs to be done. Kind regards, Philippe