To install these features, download the following file: Do this even if you already have downloaded the tarball as my new tarball contains modified code: http://davinpearson.nz/screenshots/java-training-wheels--bagatelles_20220717-133942.tar.gz then untar the tarball to your $HOME folder, or any other folder at your own risk. Then add the following line of code to your $HOME/.emacs code: (load-file "~/java-training-wheels/.emacs") Start emacs by clicking on the Emacs icon or the command: emacs On Sun, 10 Jul 2022 at 15:39, Davin Pearson wrote: > > Click on the following link to take you to a gallery of Emacs > screenshots showing the hows and whys I have added my own personal > additions to Emacs. > > http://davinpearson.nz/screenshots > > The most important and probably the most useful customisation that I > have is a drop in replacement for M-y. Instead of cycling through the > kill ring, it brings up a window showing the kill ring in the order of > the kill ring. You then click on the ENTER button of paste from the > kill ring to the last buffer you were editing. > > In all my code I use the practice of prefixing all of my functions and > variables with dmp where DMP stands for Davin Max Pearson > which is my name. I am unsure of just how useful this practice is for > adding to the Emacs sources. > > > >