all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Help with playing a sound sample
@ 2022-01-18  0:42 Davin Pearson
From: Davin Pearson @ 2022-01-18  0:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

How do I go about setting the sampling rate when you issue the command
M-x play-sound

There doesn' appear to be such a menu option when you invoke this
command.

Example: If the sound *.wav file is ripped off a CD, then the
sampling rate should be 44.1 kHz.

If the sound sample is halved in its bitrate, then it should play
the sound sample at 88.2 kHz if I am not mistaken.

* Re: Help with playing a sound sample
@ 2022-01-18  3:05 ` Emanuel Berg via Users list for the GNU Emacs text editor
From: Emanuel Berg via Users list for the GNU Emacs text editor @ 2022-01-18  3:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Davin Pearson wrote:

> How do I go about setting the sampling rate when you issue
> the command M-x play-sound
>
> There doesn' appear to be such a menu option when you invoke
> this command.
>
> Example: If the sound *.wav file is ripped off a CD, then
> the sampling rate should be 44.1 kHz.
>
> If the sound sample is halved in its bitrate, then it should
> play the sound sample at 88.2 kHz if I am not mistaken.

Have forgotten all about it but this is how far I came with
Emacs music programming ... not far! But still worked on it,
a lot, just the setup I mean.

  https://dataswamp.org/~incal/ny/init-incal.lsp
  https://dataswamp.org/~incal/emacs-init/ny.el

See the comments ... all that is super-basic stuff.

Don't know just what was depressing enough for me to quit,
maybe the inferior Lisp hassle or maybe I just beat myself up
for not coming up with a new track to implement.
Because I think I could have, had I had one.

Now it is OpenSCAD instead, maybe I return after to this idea,
now not being bomb chocked anymore I mean ... there is a mode
in Emacs, scad-mode, even.

-- underground experts united
https://dataswamp.org/~incal

* OpenSCAD
@ 2022-01-18  5:36   ` Jean Louis
From: Jean Louis @ 2022-01-18  5:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

* Emanuel Berg via Users list for the GNU Emacs text editor <help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org> [2022-01-18 06:06]:
> Now it is OpenSCAD instead, maybe I return after to this idea,
> now not being bomb chocked anymore I mean ... there is a mode
> in Emacs, scad-mode, even.

The real time update allows users to design 3D objects from Emacs and
within OpenSCAD.

Description     : The programmers solid 3D CAD modeller
URL             : http://openscad.org/

--
Jean

https://www.fsf.org/campaigns

In support of Richard M. Stallman
https://stallmansupport.org/

* Re: OpenSCAD
@ 2022-01-18  5:47     ` Jacob Hrbek
From: Jacob Hrbek @ 2022-01-18  5:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Context? i just got a thread with one message and OpenSCAD subject

--
Jacob Hrbek

[-- Attachment #1.2: publickey - kreyren@rixotstudio.cz - 1677db82.asc --]

* Re: OpenSCAD
@ 2022-01-18  6:10     ` Emanuel Berg via Users list for the GNU Emacs text editor
From: Emanuel Berg via Users list for the GNU Emacs text editor @ 2022-01-18  6:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Jean Louis wrote:

>> Now it is OpenSCAD instead, maybe I return after to this
>> idea, now not being bomb chocked anymore I mean ... there
>> is a mode in Emacs, scad-mode, even.
>
> The real time update allows users to design 3D objects from
> Emacs and within OpenSCAD.

Sure no real time thus far,

  https://dataswamp.org/~incal/metal-shelf/Makefile
  https://dataswamp.org/~incal/metal-shelf/metal-shelf.scad
  https://dataswamp.org/~incal/metal-shelf/metal-shelf.png

From: Emanuel Berg via Users list for the GNU Emacs text editor @ 2022-01-18  6:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Jacob Hrbek wrote:

> Context? i just got a thread with one message and OpenSCAD
> subject

Well, how many messages do you think is reasonable then?

--

@ 2022-01-18  6:17         ` Jacob Hrbek
From: Jacob Hrbek @ 2022-01-18  6:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

One that explains me what is the topic about? It just talks about
something OpenSCAD?

--

@ 2022-01-18  7:28           ` Emanuel Berg via Users list for the GNU Emacs text editor
From: Emanuel Berg via Users list for the GNU Emacs text editor @ 2022-01-18  7:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Jacob Hrbek wrote:

> One that explains me what is the topic about? It just talks about
> something OpenSCAD?

Do you think what we talk about should be more in line with
the topic?

OK, here is a good resource I found:

  https://openscad.org/cheatsheet/

OpenSCAD is simple, I know guys who say they spent 20 years
learing Blender. You don't have to do that here I can say
already at this point.

--

@ 2022-01-18  8:03             ` Jacob Hrbek
From: Jacob Hrbek @ 2022-01-18  8:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

I know what OpenSCAD is i use it daily and i am very interested in using
something better then scad-mode in emacs..

Elaborate:

> Now it is OpenSCAD instead, maybe I return after to this idea,
now not being bomb chocked anymore I mean ... there is a mode
in Emacs, scad-mode, even.

> The real time update allows users to design 3D objects from Emacs and
within OpenSCAD.

As it seems like it was cut from a different conversation?

On 1/18/22 08:28, Emanuel Berg via Users list for the GNU Emacs text
editor wrote:
> Jacob Hrbek wrote:
>
>> One that explains me what is the topic about? It just talks about
>> something OpenSCAD?
> Do you think what we talk about should be more in line with
> the topic?
>
> OK, here is a good resource I found:
>
>    https://openscad.org/cheatsheet/
>
> OpenSCAD is simple, I know guys who say they spent 20 years
> learing Blender. You don't have to do that here I can say
> already at this point.
>
> --
> underground experts
united

--
Jacob Hrbek

[-- Attachment #1.2: publickey - kreyren@rixotstudio.cz - 1677db82.asc --]

* OpenSCAD & Emacs (was: Re: OpenSCAD)
@ 2022-01-18  8:22               ` Emanuel Berg via Users list for the GNU Emacs text editor
From: Emanuel Berg via Users list for the GNU Emacs text editor @ 2022-01-18  8:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Jacob Hrbek wrote:

> I know what OpenSCAD is i use it daily and i am very
> interested in using something better then scad-mode in
> emacs..

What is it that you want improved?

We can mail Len Trigg (I'll CC him this post), if he don't
agree with your suggestions or has better things to do ... you
can do it yourself.

I wrote a major mode for a much smaller tool some 10+ years
back, that was interesting.
<https://dataswamp.org/~incal/fps/fpscalc.el>

> As it seems like it was cut from a different conversation?

The past is the past, I'll even change the topic to denote
this and also encircle the area of the forthcoming
discussions ...

--

@ 2022-01-18 20:21       ` Jean Louis
From: Jean Louis @ 2022-01-18 20:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

* Emanuel Berg via Users list for the GNU Emacs text editor <help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org> [2022-01-18 09:21]:
> Jean Louis wrote:
>
> >> Now it is OpenSCAD instead, maybe I return after to this
> >> idea, now not being bomb chocked anymore I mean ... there
> >> is a mode in Emacs, scad-mode, even.
> >
> > The real time update allows users to design 3D objects from
> > Emacs and within OpenSCAD.
>
> Sure no real time thus far,
>
>   https://dataswamp.org/~incal/metal-shelf/Makefile
>   https://dataswamp.org/~incal/metal-shelf/metal-shelf.scad
>   https://dataswamp.org/~incal/metal-shelf/metal-shelf.png

When you make option under DESIGN -> Automatic Reload and Preview,
then when you edit meta-shelf.scad it is updated as soon as you save
the file.

--

@ 2022-01-19 20:31         ` Emanuel Berg via Users list for the GNU Emacs text editor
From: Emanuel Berg via Users list for the GNU Emacs text editor @ 2022-01-19 20:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Jean Louis wrote:

>>> The real time update allows users to design 3D objects from
>>> Emacs and within OpenSCAD.
>>
>> Sure no real time thus far,
>>
>>   https://dataswamp.org/~incal/metal-shelf/Makefile
>>   https://dataswamp.org/~incal/metal-shelf/metal-shelf.scad
>>   https://dataswamp.org/~incal/metal-shelf/metal-shelf.png
>
> When you make option under DESIGN -> Automatic Reload and
> Preview, then when you edit meta-shelf.scad it is updated as
> soon as you save the file.

Are we talking some GUI editor now?

So no, the Makefile does it, i.e. creates the PNG from the
source, it's the old procedure one is accustomed to ...

  Racing all around the seven seas
  Chasing all the girls
  and making robberies
  Come, let us sing the sailor-song!