Yes, that's a lot better. Only noticable problem now, (with just brief test), is that when the bp is first hit, the (gdb) prompt does not appear. On Wed, Feb 29, 2012 at 6:20 PM, Kaushik Srenevasan wrote: > On Wed, Feb 29, 2012 at 8:15 AM, Neal Becker wrote: > > gdb doesn't seem to be usable. I get lots of: > > > > error in process filter: gdb-breakpoints-list-handler-custom: Wrong type > > argument: stringp, nil > > error in process filter: Wrong type argument: stringp, nil > > > > and I can't seem to really use it at all. > > > > I hit this yesterday too. GDB-MI doesn't seem to be able to handle > what GDB calls "multiple" breakpoints. i.e. a breakpoint that GDB sets > on every overloaded function that matches an expression. The problem > is that the MI output has an extra field - "type" only on the "parent > breakpoint", while GDB-MI expects to find it even on "child > breakpoints". > > I've attached a patch. Could you check if it works for you too? > > -Kaushik > > PS: While at it, I also cleaned up what gets displayed in the absence > of fields in MI output. The breakpoint table now shows "" instead of > nil. >