all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* starter kit settings
@ 2011-09-29  1:34 Lachlan Deck
From: Lachlan Deck @ 2011-09-29  1:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hi all,

(no emacs guru here)

I've tried switching over to using the starter kit recently and have a couple of questions, as it's a bit different to the standard emacs setup.

Firstly, opening menu items seemingly uses the IDO package. However pressing F10 or M-~ shows in the footer:
Menu bar (up/down to change, PgUp to menu): f===>File

getting to the other menu items only works for me by backspacing over 'f===>File' where I can then cycle through, via ido, the rest. It's quite annoying.

However, what's worse is that when I select an item I simply get:
Wrong type argument: symbolp, (history . 20)

Is there a way to fix this or restore the default functionality of eclipse for this particular feature such that the menu items pop up in a buffer for easy selection?

Cheers.

Lachlan Deck
lachlan.deck@gmail.com