Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen wrote: >> lrich Mueller writes: >> I am looking at it from a distro point of view. Generally, distros are >> not happy when packages are bundling and installing unrelated tools, >> but prefer keeping separate things in separate packages. One reason >> for this is that bundled stuff tends to cause file collisions between >> packages. > I don't really follow. This is about putting things necessary to do > Emacs maintenance into the Emacs repository. The tools would not be > distributed with the Emacs package in any distribution. Just to clarify they would only be available in Emacs repositories, not bundled with the next release. Correct?