I just use `git diff' before every push to see exactly what I'm pushing, and I always specify the remote repo i.e. `git push origin master' On Wed, Jan 28, 2015, 1:52 PM David Kastrup wrote: > Eli Zaretskii writes: > > >> From: Ivan Shmakov > >> Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2015 18:30:57 +0000 > >> > >> My preference is rather ‘push.default nothing’, so that > >> git-push(1) fails loudly should I fail to specify what to push. > > > > IMO (and IME) that's a nuisance that isn't justified. > > git's defaults have historically been so unreasonable that I never push > without explicit mention of both local as well as target reference. It > decidedly is less of a nuisance than having to clean up after Git goes > overboard. > > Nowadays the defaults may be saner (and the setting configurable in the > first place). Still, the "nuisance" is comparatively small, and in > exchange you know just what _any_ version of Git will do. And if you > quote your process, nobody will get double-crossed by following your > example. > > -- > David Kastrup > > >