Thanks for the review! I will work out these kinks by the time we can add in more features. I'll update this thread then. -- Kaushal Modi On Thu, Oct 8, 2015 at 12:08 PM, Jay Belanger wrote: > > Hi Kaushal, > > > I read this question of emacs.stackexchange > > ( http://emacs.stackexchange.com/q/13451/115) > > where the user needed to specify the radix of the number he was > > pasting in calc. > > > > If the calc default radix is decimal and if a user pastes 1000, it > > will be pasted as decimal 1000. But what if the user meant to paste > > binary 1000 (decimal 8)? > > > > My patch below enables doing that using numeric prefixes. > > > > Please advise if merging this patch to calc-yank is a good idea or if > > needs improvement/bug fixes before the merging. > > There's a feature freeze on right now, so it shouldn't be added to Emacs > right away. But it looks useful. > > With the patch, if the yanked number already has the radix prefix, there > is an error. It might make more sense to have Calc do an appropriate > conversion. Also, the number of radixes in the patch is less than Calc > allows. > It might make more sense to have calc-yank use the current Calc's > current radix rather than a prefix radix. > I don't recall the policy on using cl- functions, but cond could > easily be used instead of cl-case. > > But this should be brought up again after the feature freeze. > > Jay > >