On Fri, Sep 8, 2017 at 9:06 AM John Wiegley wrote: > This evening I had the most enjoyable privilege of being able to spend time > with Stefan Monnier at a tavern in Oxford, UK. It made us both realize how > valuable it is to interact with people in person; it changes how we read > what > they write online, and what we think they're thinking when they write it. > +1 > During our many conversations, we thought: what if we had an Emacs > Developer's > Meetup, for people to come together from emacs-devel, so that many of us -- > who have been corresponding about Emacs for years -- could get to know > these > people who have been a part of our lives for so long? > > Where could such a meeting happen? When? Could we get Richard and Eli and > some > of the other past maintainers to join us? > That's the biggest question.. "Where?" We have amazing contributors from all over the world. Probably has to be at a major airport hub for relatively cheaper flight tickets. May be the location keeps on rotating around the world where there are higher concentrations of Emacs developers/contributors. I look forward to these meetups starting, and hopefully I can afford time and money-wise to attend one of those :) -- Kaushal Modi