all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
From: Kaushal Modi <kaushal.modi@gmail.com>
To: Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org>
Cc: 21597@debbugs.gnu.org
Subject: bug#21597: 25.0.50; Extremely slow redisplay on emacsclient
Date: Thu, 1 Oct 2015 12:30:11 -0400	[thread overview]

Hi Eli,

I reverted to one prior commit (
http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs.git/commit/?id=82df1878e6559188e688195f992fff10f35035e8
) and the issue is gone.

> Did you run emacsclient on the same machine where the Emacs server runs?

I do not start an "emacs --daemon" server. I have (server-start) in my
init.el. (At some point in my prior builds, emacs --daemon never worked for
me.)
So my very first launch of emacs is always "emacsclient -a '' -c" to get an
emacs frame.
Every other launch is "emacsclient -a''" to open files from the terminal in
the same frame.
All of this is always on the same $HOST.

> can you try reverting each hunk separately

Do you mean reverting each of those hunks within xdisp.c? Or revert just
the xdisp.c hunk?
Building emacs takes quite some time on my machine.. so my turnaround time
will be really slow.

--
Kaushal Modi