On Thu, Aug 11, 2016 at 4:28 PM Eli Zaretskii wrote: > I must explain something so that my requests don't sound arbitrary. > When I work on a problem, I usually run Emacs many times in different > ways, most of the times under a debugger. Since the debugger (and > other tools) need to read my init files for working properly as I'm > used to, I cannot easily change my home directory, or mess with my > init files during the debugging session. In addition, with 10-20 sec > delay I don't need a profiler to notice it. > > So it is much more helpful to have a recipe that is as simple as > possible (so invoking it many times won't be painful), avoids > interfering with my init files and system configuration, and includes > only the stuff that is directly relevant to the bug reproduction. > > A good recipe along the above lines could easily speed up a bugfix by > hours and even days. So if you can afford that, please try to follow > these guidelines when you prepare a recipe. > > I hope this clarifies the reason for my requests. > Makes sense. I was under the impression that having an all-inclusive MWE was more useful and so I went through the effort of creating one :) I was under the impression that you would run "r -Q" in gdb and simply paste my code in there to get going. But now I understand that you need your personal config too to help you debug in the most efficient way. As for the recipe for this one: 1. Install sml-mode from GNU Elpa. 2. Save a file called foo.sml with below content: ===== (* ''a is a special equality type (it is not the same as the generic 'a type. It *) ===== Note that while doing so, if the buffer is already in sml-mode, you might not even need to go to step 3. Because the same thing happened to me when I encountered this bug for the first time. I was actually typing out that comment, and my emacs started freezing as I was typing. 3. Open it. Thanks for working on this. -- Kaushal Modi