On Thu, Oct 6, 2016 at 4:51 PM Stefan Monnier wrote: > > Personally I'd prefer the uniformity of rectangle-*, but I don't think > this > > function should be an outlier only for that reason. > > FWIW, Emacs has been slowly moving towards using the - > even for its "core" operations, and I'd be in favor of renaming all the > rectangle commands to rectangle-* (keeping obsolete aliases, obviously). > > Part of the motivation for me is that we otherwise look like hypocrites > when we ask package authors to stick to a -* naming convention. > > > Stefan "same for abbrev.el" > +1 That's what I meant :) -- Kaushal Modi