On Wed, Sep 28, 2016, 6:47 AM Philippe Vaucher wrote: > Hello, > > This is my first attempt at submitting a patch, so keep that in mind > in case I messed up somewhere. > Awesome! :) > I already did the copyright assignment dance and it was accepted & > sent to me the 2016-09-07, do I need to send the confirmation to > someone in order to post here? > When I sent my first patch, I asked the person who helped commit that to look up my name in the list of people who have assigned their copyright. > Just to be sure, I should send emails to emacs-devel as plain text > right? no html? > The patches should be sent as bug reports. That way, the patch and the reasoning behind it stays together in a clean bug thread. Also the commit to master can then refer to that (Bug#NNNNN). So, no guesswork is involved if someone wants to understand why a particular commit was made. > Anyway, back to the subject: this patch removes the variable .. > Do you want to take this discussion to a bug thread? Simply email the exact same thing to bug-gnu-emacs@gnu.org. > -- Kaushal Modi