The following worked for me: - You email FSF at **assign@gnu.org**. - They will send you a 4 or 5 question questionnaire by email. - You reply that via email. - Then you get a format of disclosure that needs to be signed by your school or employer. - I did not face any problem there, the employer sent me the signed letter in pdf form in 2 days. - I was supposed to snail mail the physical signed copy to FSF but I didn't have one and they were fine with the scanned signed letter pdf I emailed them. I am in US. It took a couple of days, but it was all email transactions. On Oct 3, 2015 10:04 AM, "Eli Zaretskii" wrote: > > From: Zachary Kanfer > > Date: Sat, 3 Oct 2015 03:09:18 -0400 > > > > I'd like to start the process of signing the copyright assignment for > Emacs. > > Thank you. > > > What do I need to do? Thanks. > > Get the file request-assign.future from the Gnulib repository, fill > it, and mail it according to instructions there. > >