On Thu, Aug 11, 2016 at 1:22 PM Eli Zaretskii wrote: > I'd prefer not to install anything. Hi Eli, To avoid people's personal emacs config from polluting, I change the user-emacs-directory and package-user-dir in the macro. Things get installed to the /tmp/ dir by default on unix systems. > I do have the Git repo for ELPA, > though. So could you please modify your recipe so that the required > packages are loaded from the Git repo (by modifying load-path), and > then the rest is done as needed? > Please let me know if this is still necessary to help debug this problem. The current macro definition is very generic and works for GNU Elpa + other Elpas out there. It does not pollute your personal area as I mentioned above. After done with this, just rm -rf (concat temporary-file-directory (getenv "USER") "/" ".emacs.d-debug/") > Better yet, just post the file that causes the trouble, there's no > need for everybody to recreate it, right? > I wanted the mininum working example to be all inclusive. If I do not do so, then I need to rely on manual steps like saving the file, opening the exact same file using M-x find-file (and all that). Isn't my method more reliable? All you do is eval the whole thing and check the profiler report. Here is the file that my example creates: (* ''a is a special equality type (it is not the same as the generic 'a type. It *) (* means that both arguments can be of any type as long as you can use the *) (* equality operation between them. So both can be int, both can be strings, *) (* both can be int tuples. TH*) -- Kaushal Modi