On Tue, Dec 12, 2017 at 3:06 PM Charles A. Roelli wrote: > > From: Kaushal Modi > > Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2017 14:02:29 +0000 > > > > Problem statement: Need to have a pretty interface that shows the > available valid key bindings. > > Why not use a simple menu? It seems to be the standard way to show a > list of commands with their available bindings. If it doesn't fit the > bill, maybe it can be improved. > Do you mean a graphical menu from the menu bar or the menu shown by mouse clicks. If so, I am using none of those. Also I should have made a better problem statement: "Need to have a pretty interface that is *configurable* and shows the key bindings for that action. For instance, I have a hydra to insert different Org blocks in org-mode, and looks like this: [image: image.png] The idea is to press a binding, and then a contextual menu pops up with a list of next valid key that can be pressed (and this does not necessarily list *all* the bound keys.. that's one place where it's different from another package: which-key). I wrote a reply with bit more information about hydra earlier today in this thread[1]. [1]: http://lists.gnu.org/r/emacs-devel/2017-12/msg00383.html -- Kaushal Modi