Hello all, In https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=27644, I propose a patch to bind the vc-region-history command to C-x v H. * Why vc-region-history? - I find that command very useful; especially to dig though who specifically touched a set of lines in emacs code and when. I used it very recently[1] to associate a strange behavior I started seeing in ggtags.el package with an upstream change in emacs. * Why bind to C-x v H - That binding is an easy mnemonic; the "H" in C-x v H for vc-region-(H)istory. - That binding is available So the questions to the list: - How frequently do you guys use vc-region-history? - If you bind it, what do you bind it to? - Is there a reason why this patch should not be applied? Thanks all. Kaushal [1]: https://github.com/leoliu/ggtags/issues/157#issuecomment-330270080 On Thu, Sep 21, 2017 at 11:29 AM Dmitry Gutov wrote: > On 9/21/17 5:41 PM, Eli Zaretskii wrote: > > >> I don't have a strong opinion. > > > > About binding this to a key in general, or about the particular key > > proposed by Kaushal? > > Either. It's not a very technical decision, and I very rarely use this > command myself. > > > If the former, perhaps we should ask how many > > others bind this to a key, or how frequently they use this command. > > Sounds good to me. > -- Kaushal Modi