On Thu, May 4, 2017 at 10:39 AM Eli Zaretskii wrote: > Compiling the Lisp files in the current master produces quite a few of > these new warnings, see below. I hope someone is looking into > eliminating them, otherwise we introduced a safety feature that does > nothing except annoying us. > > Also, there seem to be several instances of the same warning, only one > of which points out the line number where the problem happens. Is it > possible to output only that final warning? The rest of them, those > without a line number, are useless, as there's no practical way of > finding the offending code unless you know exactly what to look for > (and the wording isn't specific enough to allow the latter). > +1 Now when I load verilog-mode.el (autoloaded when I open the SystemVerilog files), I get: Loading ‘verilog-mode’: unescaped character literals ; detected! verilog-mode.el has 14.5k lines. It would be very helpful to print the line number where unescapted character literals are detected so that I can attempt to fix it. Thanks. PS: This was added in http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs.git/commit/?id=c2bbdc3316487e34eba1470dd059c0c290431e00, so copying Philipp. -- Kaushal Modi