On Sat, Oct 15, 2016, 6:25 PM Mathias Dahl wrote: > > > OK, i found it: reverse-region. Pretty similar. > It doesn't allow writting to a different buffer than the current one. > The proposed command here allow that and save some consing. > > > Writing the result into another buffer sounds quite arbitrary. > +1. I have never needed to save the result in a different buffer. Is it really such a common scenario that this function should do it? Those > who needs to have the result in another buffer can easily add a few lines > in the calling code to make it so. > Exactly. Out of curiosity I had a look at the current implementation of > `reverse-region' and found it quite complicated and hard to understand what > it does. > I don't have any for or against opinion on this (may be a slight against, based on the "if it's not broken, why 'fix'" motto). I have been using `reverse-region` for many years and it works just fine. -- Kaushal Modi