Hi Vibhav, This issue seems to be related to the switch bytecode change. Can you please review it. The code snippet in https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=25941#5 returns t on emacs 25.2 but nil on emacs master. That is messing up the avy-goto-line function (avy package). avy--process does contain the cond form which is affected by the switch bytecode change. If I delete the .elc, the issue goes away. On Fri, Mar 3, 2017 at 7:12 AM Kaushal Modi wrote: > Here's a set of updates that could probably help trace the problem: > > - I rebuilt emacs from master using make bootstrap, but the problem > persists. > - I see the problem when I do "M-x avy-goto-line 10" but not when I do > "M-: (avy-goto-line 10)". So the bug triggers only during interactive > execution? > > A workaround for now is to delete the avy.elc file. > > Does the avy--process code not work well with the recently byte compiler > incompatibility in the master branch? > -- > > Kaushal Modi > -- Kaushal Modi