That switch of ediff to lexical binding has already been reverted (I think it got reverted a day or two back). -- Kaushal Modi On Thu, Jun 20, 2019 at 4:55 PM Barry Fishman wrote: > After building from Emacs master on June 15, I found that the ediff > function no longer works, responding with: > > ediff-files-internal: Symbol's value as a variable is void: file-A > > This seem to be due to lisp/vm/ediff.el being compiled with lexical > bindings (explicitly). ediff-files-internal calls ediff-find-file with > its file arguments quoted (as it expects). > > How is such code going to be approached? > > -- > Barry Fishman > > >