Hi all, I like the hi-lock-file-patterns feature in the hi-lock library. The good thing is that I do not need to write the hi-lock patterns directly in the files where I need the highlighting. The patterns can reside in the .dir-locals.el. That way I can get the highlighting I like non-intrusively especially when I am working on a file with users using editors other than emacs. Or even if they are using emacs, I don't have to force my highlighting style on them. But by default, customizing the hi-lock-file-patterns in .dir-locals.el is not convenient as it would always ask the user if the pattern is safe or if they want to save that "safe-state" to custom.el. It becomes annoying if you tend to change/update that variable a lot. So I have this in my config: ;; Mark the `hi-lock-file-patterns' variable as safe so that it can be ;; set in `.dir-locals.el' files. (put 'hi-lock-file-patterns 'safe-local-variable 'identity) So now I am wondering if this variable can be marked permanently as safe within the library itself. That way people can customize it in their .dir-locals.el files without this hack. Also related, I'd like below as the default value of hi-lock-file-patterns-policy: ;; Don't ask before highlighting any Hi-Lock: pattern found in a file ;; Below, (lambda (pattern) t) simply always returns `t' regardless of ;; what the `pattern' input is. (setq hi-lock-file-patterns-policy (lambda (pattern) t)) What are people's thoughts of this? Thanks. -- Kaushal Modi