Based on http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs.git/log/?qt=grep&q=display-buffer-alist copying Martin Rudalics and Chong Yidong for their comments. -- Kaushal Modi On Tue, Oct 13, 2015 at 6:10 PM, Nicolas Richard wrote: > Hello Kaushal, > > Thanks for the pointers. > > What I mean is that customizing display-buffer-alist is not very > user-friendly even though I know how to use it. It is also not > mentionned in (info "(emacs) Window Choice"). OTOH it is a defcustom, so > I have mixed feelings about this variable. > > Anyway, a possible way to achieve the effect I asked for is to add a > suitable entry in display-buffer-alist, but it requires writing an elisp > function (the predefined ones don't fit the bill). I'll be happy to > provide such a function if that is the preferred route. > > Nicolas. >