Adding my support. On Wed, Jul 5, 2017 at 11:30 AM John Yates wrote: > In Jonas you have someone who is doing just about everything > right per your notion of software freedom including applying gpl v3. > He has made significant personal sacrifices to provide emacs with > a package that is unique among editors and IDEs. It could emerge > as one of those oh-so-elusive creatures: a true killer app for the > emacs platform. > > Jonas has and continues to deliver a steady stream of features, > bug fixes and refinements. Magit is clearly a work of love that is > wonderfully supported. Jonas has exhibited admirable project > leadership skill and has published a detailed, credible map to > the future: > > https://github.com/magit/magit/projects/1 > In addition, the Magit project is an epitome of elisp projects; it has a wonderful Info manual with source code in Org (yes, I am aware of RMS' views on Org mode), tests!, active support by Jonas and other key Magit developers in bug fixing and providing solutions to user-specific flows, etc. Some of us care enough about developers like Jonas and the > value he is delivering to emacs that we have responded to his > plea for financial support via PayPal, Patreon or Bountysource. > Me too. > Sometimes community might be more important than copyright > assignment. Please reconsider you request. > +1 -- Kaushal Modi